CLGF Conference Kampala
Munyonyo Conference Centre
14th -17th May 2013
Theme: Putting Local Government at the Heart of Development
HIGHLIGHTS OF CONFERENCE
- Re Election of Dr. Rambachan (unopposed) to Board of CLGF and Mayor Orlando Nagassar as alternate.
- Plenary session 6 (The Kampala Declaration 2013) Trinidad & Tobago recommendation on the consideration of conference recommendations and the way forward – the role for the Commonwealth in shaping the post 2015 Global Development Agenda. That the year 2014 be designated as the Year of Developmental Local Government by CLGF and all its Members, as the highlight of the recommendations made and was singled out for special mention by Sec-General Carl Wright of CLGF.
- Dr. Rambachan’s proposal that for continued maintenance of the CALGA office in Trinidad & Tobago be funded by the larger CARICOM countries Jamaica, Bahamas, Trinidad & Tobago and Belize to ensure the continued operations of CALGA.
- Dr. Rambachan held discussions with Hon. Noel Arscott of Jamaica and Hon. Alfred Gray of Bahamas (MOLG ministers) on matters on the way forward for local government in these countries and other ancillary matters.
- Delegation visit to Jinja (second largest town in Uganda) to a Market Construction on 4 acres of land with a 3 Stories High Building for 4000 vendors at a cost of $11m USD on a joint PPP arrangement. See how food safety is being addressed, storage challenges and also helped paint the town library as part of a beautification programme initiated by the town clerk.