HINTS TO KEEP YOU HAPPY
- Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctor worry about them. That is why you pay him/her.
- Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down. Say goodbye gently, but say goodbye.
- Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, work puzzles… whatever. Never let the brain idle. “An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.”
- Enjoy the simple things. When the children are young, that is all that you can afford. When they are in college, that is all that you can afford. When you are on retirement, that is all that you can afford!
- Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. Laugh so much that you can be tracked in the store by your distinctive laughter.
- Tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be alive while you are alive, don’t put out a mailbox on the highway of death and just wait in residence for your mail.
- Surround yourself with what you love, whether it is family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
- Cherish your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health. If your health is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
- Don’t take guilt trips. Go to the mall, the next county, a foreign country, but not to “guilt land”.
- Tell the people you love, that you love them, at every opportunity.
Share on Facebook